Monday, February 22, 2010

Next to no crime


Tokyo has next to no crime. This is generally a good thing, but unfortunately it makes you somewhat complacent. So while I would likely have kept my bike indoors were I still in NZ (or indoors AND locked up if I were in wainui), I thought that leaving my bike locked up in front of my apartment would be safe. Turns out it wasn't.

Anyway, the bike isn't sold in Japan and I imported it myself so there is a chance I will be able to track it down, but if you see a Beone Storm in Japan please contact me or the cops. I would like to think that the cops would find it themselves, but thats extremely unlikely and I think the apology that "We can't make it safe in Japan for foreigners to come and live here" is the most help I'm going to get. They generally do a reasonably good job though...

私のビーワンストームの自転車は新宿のアパートの前から盗まれちゃったんです。ビーワンの自転車は普通に日本で売られてないので写真と似てる自転車を見たら私に連絡してください。メールアドレスはluke.mccrohon@gmail.comです。

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that Luke. I know what you're going through. I lost a bike in Vancouver last September.

Anonymous said...

Sucks doesn't it? I'm now back to riding an old steal frame mountain bike that I picked up for $50...

luke

Anonymous said...

Haha, "steal frame" geddit?

Shitty about the lost bike tho.
Also, I found out I got on JET, so I will be in Japan in August.

Phil

Anonymous said...

知ってるよ、自転車の場所。

This page has been responsible for distracting Free Counters people since 18/11/2007.